Traveling has definitely become a hobby for us, so I thought...why not share some of our travel stories, favorite places to eat, activities, and any other kind of adventure with those who'd like to hear about it! Feel free to write comments or ask questions if you'd like to hear more about any of the topics. The entries are in no particular order -- I'll just be writing about events as the mood hits - looking back through all our pictures will definitely serve as a starting place!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Swimming in a Cave!



Yes, that's correct - in a cave!  Thought I'd grab your interest in my first post!  This was so cool...literally!  As you swam around, the water temperature would change from freezing cold to bathtub warm.  I think the idea of swimming among stalactites and stalagmites just really excited me!  The water was so clear!

This was a cave in Bermuda at the Grotto Bay Resort (no we didn't stay here) that I heard about on Trip Advisor (one of my favorite sites for travel reviews).  There are caves that you can tour in Bermuda, but this one was more of an adventure - you had to find the resort, then find the secret entrance (actually not that hard - once you walk into the resort there is a sign for the cave).  The best part about it... it's free!  You can explore a little, but the awesome pool of water you can swim in is the coolest!

No comments:

Post a Comment